Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day #?


Written this morning, but didn't have time to finish before it was time to go surf, so I'm posting now:

It's a good day

Good morning! Taking the time this morning to blog. The crew of people I've been surfing with the past couple days are very easy-going and not into the dawn patrol thing, so I'm waiting 'til go-time of late morning. Fine with me, as the wind today (and thus wave quality) is not predicted to be any better or worse for late morning. And, I am easing into the day with a nice cup of joe and really enjoying it :)

Well, hmm, the past couple days I worked a lot on this first website I'm doing. Pretty much finished with the design elements and layout of each page, as it's a pretty basic site, just waiting on some content and working on a few technical aspects of it.

I decided to concentrate more on work for 2 days and a little less on surfing (1 session a day instead of 2) because I started to feel just a small hint of soreness in my elbows and shoulders (sites of previous wakeboarding injuries). I got a little burnt out spending so many consecutive hours on the site for 2 days,

And also because during this process, I am teaching myself a lot. I can build simple websites, but as is my nature, I'm really not content with that. I want to be better at it. I eventually want to be one of the best, if this is what I'm gonna stick with! I am considering going back to school for this too, we'll see. Baby steps.

Surfing has been good, the waves are more mellow right now, in the 3-4 foot range. I have been spoiled on the big waves, to where now it seems harder to SHRED the little ones! It reminds me of why they say the best surfers come from FL east coast, because it takes a good surfer to really rip on a small, weak wave! So it is great practice. Still lots of fun. And no crowds, because the locals don't really waste their time on these smaller waves!! In Cocoa Beach it would be PACKED on a 3-4 foot day, but not here.

Had a grill-out with a few friends last night, which was good fun. We also planned a poker night for Thursday, so I'll be able to get my poker fix this week! While I was out last night, Sheena was texting me with pictures and videos from poker night at Rum Runners in Cocoa Beach. It was soooo awesome to get the video of everyone at the poker table saying "HI COURTNEY!!!" It really made my day! I sent them a hello video back :)

I am very excited for my girls Sheena and Jessica to come visit in about 10 days!! I imagine that in addition to lots of surfing, we will probably make trips around the island to the rainforest and to my favorite, the north shore, which is more natural-looking and dense than the area I'm in... think big wild sand dunes, dense palm groves, big rocks and caves and stuff out into the ocean... super cool. If you surfers have heard of the famous break Hollows, that's where Hollows is.



Hollows in Arecibo, PR






Thanks so much for reading--it really means a lot to me that a lot of you have said you enjoy following my blog. Thank you for staying connected by reading it. I sure do miss everyone at home; I have the best people in the world as my friends back home. I cannot tell you how grateful I am for that. In a few weeks' time, I will be back home with the energy of a new experience to share with everyone in person.

As per many requests, here are pics, pics, and more pics! You guys sure are a visual bunch, loving the pictures! Well I aim to please. Only wish I had a camera other than my iPhone, but I do what I can for ya!

-Court




Yesterday's self-portrait, chillin on the beach at Surfer's Beach











Surfer's Beach, painted wall is a surfer's memorial








Surfer's Beach 3








SB 4. That wave you see out back is 3 foot... there were some decent waves coming through yesterday but zero people surfing, since compared to how it can be here, this was not a "good day"






Surfer's Beach 5












Famous board Mellow Yellow crazy fin setup











Mango trees, almost ripe... I'm waaaiting...









Jessica, bring your machete.









4/7/10, Took the day off--I sunned myself for a while on Crashboat Beach after surfing at Wildo all morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment